From Rome to London with a passion for Customer Assistance
After a bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy, I decided to match the Ancients fascination and curiosity with the new strategies of the contemporary customer centric market. In September 2016 I undertook a master’s Degree in Economics, Communication and Media Management at University of Rome Tor Vergata, which gave me several opportunities to work in events, marketing and sales. And I can guarantee… it was a successful match!
A strong believer in customer power and passion for listening as well as a constant enthusiasm for engaging with people – last June, I started my new career as Customer Service Assistant at urbanest St Pancras.
urbanest is a growing company that provides six different accommodation for students, all in Zone 1.
In partnership with some important Universities in London, every accommodation is characterised by a modern structure, three different kinds of rooms and a friendly environment with a team who takes care of the residents 24 hours a day.
It’s hard to describe a standard working day here, but the daily tasks of everyone of us as a team are:
- Keeping our business data up to date, working with the sales and accounts teams in order to guarantee everything is happening correctly and to improve our service day by day;
- Taking care of the building, reporting every problem to our efficient maintenance team and verifying that standards are respected;
- Welcoming the new arrivals and making sure the departing tenants had a great experience with us;
- Providing excellent customer service, paying close attention to all student’s requests – always with the aim to let them feel at home;
- Arranging and managing viewings, showing off the strengths of our building and objection handling;
- Following up every evening, with the events of the day to be sure every member of staff is always aware of what is going on.
I have arrived at Urbanest just in time for its most busy period: between the end of the previous academic years and the beginning of new ones – meaning a long month of check outs and check ins, inspections, bookings and viewings.
And this period has also represented itself as the best time to get involve, as it allows me to help students with their feelings – fear, confusion, excitement – as well as allowing me to pass my probationary period with a development plan that includes the training of the new wardens and the assisting in the monthly events planning.
urbanest has given me the opportunity to come to the realisation that my greatest strength is to deal with people every day, and that my aspiration is to work somewhere people call home for one or more, of the most important years of their life.
Lorenza is a Customer Support Assistant at our urbanest St Pancras property! If you feel like urbanest sounds like the career for you, find out how you can apply at uk.urbanest.com/careers/