The Best Drinking Games
Pre-drinks has started, everyone seems a little too sober and no one can think of any good drinking games to get the party going. Coming up with something that will please the majority of the room is difficult, especially when put on the spot and where alcohol is involved. There are drinking games for four, team drinking games, and even dirty drinking games for adults, so deciding what’s best can be tough. To help you get started, here are 7 of the best:
7. Mr and Mrs Drinking Game
This drinking game is only recommended when you know the group reasonably well, as it could lead to some tension. It’s a good drinking game for four, especially two couples or a group of long-time friends. Two members of the party stand back to back so they cannot see one another (it doesn’t have to be a male and a female). The group then proceeds to ask the pair fairly awkward questions, to which one of them will be the answer. For example, “who is the most fun?” “who is most likely to…?” If the person thinks the question applies to them, they drink.
This great drinking game for adults only works if one of the pair drink at a time, so they have to be critically honest. If both of them drink simultaneously they have to drink again. However, if neither of them go to drink, they have to have a forfeit drink.
6. Paranoia Drinking Game
Paranoia again is likely to cause some discomfort, so only play after the first couple of weeks with your flat. This game involves whispering a question to the person on your right, the answer of which has to be somebody playing the game. For example, “who’s the best looking out of the group?” The recipient then has to point to the person who they think is the answer to that question. If the person pointed to wants to know what the question was, they have to take a drink.
5. Shot Roulette
Up there with the best drinking games for adults, Shot Roulette has earned 5th place thanks to being both easy to grasp and without the potential of confrontation. Simply get a tray of shot glasses, fill half of them with water and half of them with vodka. Those playing have to guess what’s in their glass without sniffing the substance. They then take the shot. If they guessed incorrectly, they have to take another.
4. Beer Pong
Beer Pong is an all-around crowd pleaser, again because it’s easy to follow, however difficult to master. To play this team drinking game lay out two sets of cups forming a pyramid on both ends of the table, gather a ping pong ball and fill the cups with your drink of choice. Although this doesn’t have to be beer, beer is recommended as anything stronger will get expensive, not to mention chaotic, fast.
The teams then take it in turns to throw the ball into the other team’s cups. If you get the ping pong ball into your opponent’s cup, they have to drink its contents.
This is one of the best drinking games for four as you can play in doubles or quick rounds of single matches.
3. The Flip Cup Drinking Game
Again a game that involves splitting into two teams, flip cup is fairly ferocious. Have two plastic cups ready at the same end of the table and each team forming an orderly line. The first two members of each team kick it off by placing their plastic cup face down over the edge of the table and attempting to flip it so it lands in an upright position. After achieving this, the cup then goes down the line to the next person. The team to finish first wins, the losing team then has to down their drinks. This is one of the most fun team drinking games and will have you laughing all night long.
2. Ring of Fire (aka King’s Cup Drinking Game)
In second place is Ring of Fire, which doesn’t involve awkward questions, athletic abilities or even hand eye coordination, simply a pack of cards. It’s commonly up there as one of the best drinking games because it involves several rules.
Put a jug or a tall glass in the middle of the table and surround it with a circle of cards faced down. Going around the table each person has to take one card at a time. However, each card has an assigned action. While there are several variants of this game, this is a general guide to follow:
- Ace – Waterfall. Going around the circle clockwise, each player starts drinking their drink consecutively and has to continue drinking until the player before them stops.
- Two – You. Point to someone to take a drink.
- Three – Me. You have to drink.
- Four – Girls. All the girls have to take a drink.
- Five – Thumb master. The person who drew the card discreetly places their thumb down on the table to which everyone has to copy. The last person with their thumb on the table has to drink.
- Six – Boys. All the boys have to take a drink.
- Seven – Heaven. Similar to thumb master, the person who drew the card puts a hand in the air (pointing to heaven). The last person with their hand up, drinks.
- Eight – Mate. Choose a person to be your “mate”, they have to drink whenever you drink throughout the game.
- Nine – Rhyme. Choose a word and the rest of the players have to go around the circle stating words which rhyme with that. This goes on until someone goes blank, after which they have to drink.
- Ten – Categories. You come up with a category, for example “football teams”. Going around the circle everyone has to name something that falls into that category. The person who struggles, drinks.
- Jack – Make a rule. This is the ultimate power card. Come up with any kind of rule or forfeit which has to be obeyed throughout the game.
- Queen – Question master. You have to ask players questions to which they must answer with another question. Players who answer a question without another question, must drink.
- King – Fill up the jug. Pour some of your drink of choice into the centre jug or glass. The unlucky person who draws the 4th king has to then down its entire contents.
1. Never Have I Ever
In the eagerly awaited first place is the easiest and most interesting of the best drinking games. The reason Never Have I Ever is considered one of the best drinking games is it allows you to uncover all sorts of secrets from your flatmates. Taking it in turns, a person simply states something they have never done, for example “never have I ever kissed a French person”. The more promiscuous, the better, making this another top spot contender for dirty drinking games for adults. Those who have then done said thing, have to take a drink. As fun as this game may be while tipsy, be prepared to cringe at the hideous things you’ve confessed the next morning.
Which of the above would you say are the best drinking games? Let us know in the comments!