With our fantastic location offering stunning views across London’s most iconic monuments, urbanest Westminster is situated not only in a student hot spot but also a tourist hotspot. For those arriving from Waterloo Station, there is a 24 hour ATM within a minutes walk and a NatWest bank within a 4 minute walk of the property . With exchanging money, there are plenty of bureau de exchange within the local area and my best advice would be to start of with the international money exchange providers e.g Western Union and as you get more comfortable within the area, have a scout around to see which bureau gives you the best rate.
One of the things that sets our Westminster accommodation in a league of its own is the private health spa for residents only. Not only do we have a state of the art gym with personal trainers offering one-to-one but also class sessions for students to book themselves into with their new friends. After a good session at the gym, there’s nothing better than unwinding in our steam and sauna rooms or going for a gentle swim in the pool – a great way to burn of all those alcohol calories!
Laundries & Laundrettes, Dry Cleaning
With moving away from home comes great responsibility i.e washing your own clothes. I have grown up with the luxury of having my parents being my personal laundrette but when I went to university this all changed. Fear not perspective students, Westminster is fully equipped with its own laundry services with washing machines are dryers situated on each floor. However some items need that professional touch so here is a list of some nearby cleaners
• Castle Laundries: 175 Walworth Road, London SE17 1RW
• Elifs Dry Cleaners: 21 York Road, London SE1 7NJ
University is all fun and games until exam season looms and you find yourself crash cramming late at night in your campus library. If you find your mind often starts to wander off whilst in the campus library, there are few located within 0.5 mile radius of the property.
• BFI Reuben Library, Belvedere Rd, South Bank, London SE1 8XT
• The Feminist Library, 5 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7XW
• The Poetry Library, Level 5, Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, London SE1 8XX
Fingers crossed your trips here will be as minimal as possible but just incase you’re feeling a bit under the weather, the British National Health Service is here to help. Most universities have their own medical centre’s on or near campus but my advice would be to register with in the nearest one to you. If you require urgent assistance, St Thomas’ hospital is across the road from the property and has its own GP medical centre too for non-emergency care – Saint Thomas’s Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7EH.
General Medical clinics:
• Aylesbury Medical Centre: Unit 6 Taplow, Thurlow Street, London SE17 2XE ( 8 minute drive)
• Millbank Medical Centre, Medical Centre Building, 20 Page Street, London SW1P 4EN ( 4 minute drive)
• Riverside Medical Centre, Hobart House, St George Wharf, London SW8 2JB
• Tooth dental care, 26 Lower Marsh, London SE1 7RJ (3 minute walk)
• Borough Dental Practice, 305-307 Borough High Street, London SE1 1JH (16 minute bus ride)
In an emergency, the UK hotline for police/amulance services is 999 – this is very important – but ff you need to report a non-emergency incident please use 101. Our closest police station is Kennington Police Station, 49-51 Kennington Road, SE1 7QA – should be about a 7 minute walk.
Post Office, Parcels and Couriers:
Being so far from home, you’re bound to miss your family and friends and there’s nothing quite like taking pen to papper! To send letters/postcards the nearest post office would be
• Westminster Bridge Road, 125 – 131 Westminster Bridge Road, SE1 7HJ.
• 52 Blackfriars Road, London, Greater London SE1 8NN
Food glorious food! The beauty of living in Westminster is you’re surrounded by well known supermarkets making it very convenient to run and get any last minute ingredients for dinner.
• Sainsbury’s Local: 101 Waterloo Road, London SE1 8UL (8 minute walk)
• Tesco Express: 100 Baylis Road, London SE1 7AA, United Kingdom (5 minute walk)
• The Co-op: 170 Westminster Bridge Road, Lambeth, London SE1 7NT (5 minute walk)
Related – Student accommodation in London